Click here if you are having website access problems ×

London Bus Syndrome - Croissy sur Seine

abbot

I have just had a bit of a bizzare day. (Sat 26th Apr)

You know what they say about London buses coming in threes.

Well where I live west of Paris I know there are some 7s in the region as we usually meet on sunday mornings at NLV about 40mins from where I live.

This morning I had been out in my car and on return left it in front of the house while I mowed the lawn.

A guy came past on a big bike and stopped to inspect the car. He is a plumber who is working up the road. He lives in the next town, 5mins away, and has a 7 that is under repair at the garage. We had a good chat and agreed that there weren't many 7 owners in the vicinity.

Later that evening I was pulling out of the local garage after having washed my car. As I did I pulled out in front of a red 7. We waved and pulled over to chat, I thought it was a bit strange that he pulled over in a small dead end lane leading to where a mate of mine lives. His car is a 1963 S2 7 a super looking motor in red. We chatted and then realized he is my mates next door neighbor. The car had been hidden away in his garage and this was his first outing for a couple of years.

So as we chatted away, 7s and golf are the only things that my French is not bad at, blow me if another 7 drives right past us and up the road.

We never caught his eye as we were parked just off the main road. It was the same colour as mine BRG/yellow stripe on English plates.

Three in one day in my town, what a day.