Click here if you are having website access problems ×

time to empty sheddly walletts

Delbert

Ta.

My legs think I'm quite mad too. I feel more knackered after todays ride than I did after the 102-mile practice session on the actual course on Monday...

I'm looking forward to getting this out of the way and getting what little 'life' I have back... *smile*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Thanks Fletch - first donation to the NTL page *wavey* *thumbup*

Anyone for anymore? Event is this Sunday... I'm praying for grey skies and little wind - sunshine will be a nightmare...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Done.

You are barking mad of course. It will hurt like hell... You will have sore bits (!) for days... But still a hell of a personal achievement. (Having done marathons and all sorts - I actually sort of envy you that feeling of accomplishment you get at the end - mind you I don't think my a*se does!!!!)

Hope it goes well - and drink lots (water NOT beer!)

Rog

Thanks once again Roger.

I did 90-odd miles of the course (102 in total on the day) in practice a week ago on Monday (with a support vehicle to refuel me with energy drink). The plan was to only do the two halves of the course over two days, but I kept on going...

I must admit that I've been chafing my nadgers on these long rides - and made my very first purchase of vaseline as a result *redface*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Ahhhh.. the wonders of Vaseline... Ain't no shame in shoving great globs of the stuff down yer shorts if it protects the crown jewels... (as an aside - I would like to publicly like to apologise to the poor St John's lady who was handing out handfuls of the stuff on last years London Marathon - I do hope you have recovered from the trauma and the councelling has been helpful [mental note made - Must NOT to drop my running shorts like that in public again... mind you - it felt much better after!!!!})

Rog

Woohoo! Thanks to everyone, the sponsorship total is up to £390+ GA at the last count. Yay and thanks! It's going to be a real motivator to clock up the £s towards the end *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

How's yer *for blisters?

Funny you should mention that - should have posted this in the main thread.

After suffering from chafed nuts on long training runs, I lubed-up with vaseline on Sunday morning. My nadgers are absolutely fine - but I ended up with what I can only describe as nappy-rash on my backside itself.

Worst bit was when the first water from the post-ride shower hit my cheeks. Christ, but that stung! *eek* Some baby-lotion stuff sorted it out - fortunately I only noticed the pain after the ride itself (probably overloaded with other considerations at the time...)

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Brilliant Myles, well done indeed..i was wondering how you were getting on in the Heat?

I ended up with what I can only describe as nappy-rash on my backside

In our business we call this "Site Arse" *eek*...and it does hurt when you're not concentrating 😔 *redface*...i got this while working in Cannes a few weeks a go

& not easy trying to explain to zee sexy French Pharmacist why i would need nappy rash cream *redface* *redface*

Myles *thumbup* *wavey*

C7 XSL Xtra Super Light 🥰 🥰 here

Edited by - StEVEN on 12 May 2008 21:17:22

Thanks StEVEN *cool*

not easy trying to explain to zee sexy French Pharmacist why i would need nappy rash cream

Erm, I would try to explain that it's for my non-existant offspring... *rolleyes*

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best *tongue* *wink*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

In our business we call this "Site Arse

OK, I have to ask after all:

i) What is your line of business and,

ii) Why does concentration help?

In my case, vigorously exercising while wearing a pair of poor-mans pampers/panty-pads (i.e. without the 'one-way' membrane is the cause... *redface* *redface*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Erm, I would try to explain that it's for my non-existant offspring...

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best

Oh she new 😬.. i had a 6' 6' chippie with me called Bungle and an ex Army Captain Project Manager who were bent over pointing at their arses behind me 😬 😬 😬...I'm in The Exhibition business Myles 😬 *thumbup*

ii) Why does concentration help?

It only hurts when you stop moving and you realise you have it *eek* 😔 😔

C7 XSL Xtra Super Light 🥰 🥰 here

"Erm, I would try to explain that it's for my non-existant offspring..."

Long distance call from Auckland for Mr Davison, paging Mr Davison

Oh, he was here a moment ago and despite his sore 🙆🏻 he has managed to run like **** away from the call *tongue*

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬