Click here if you are having website access problems ×

time to empty sheddly walletts

Delbert

Thanks, once again, for your sponsorship Delbert.

I'm off to the Lakes tomorrow night to try to tackle the course (as practice) in two halves over Monday/Tuesday. Then the real thing (in one day!) in a fortnights time. *wavey*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Sunday 11th. I think I'll be aiming for a 7AM start to ensure that I beat the sweep - and my target (completely notional based on blogs from other newbies) is 9.5 hours. I'll be able to revise that after the coming MOnday/Tuesday practice.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Ta!

Just posted in the main thread, but I'm returned this lunchtime from what was supposed to be two days of practice in the Lakes. PLan was to do the course in two halves over two days with emergency support from a friedn who lives there.

In the end, I just kept on going - finally calling it quits when I'd broken the 100-mile barrier and the night was closing in (also just shy of the biggest b*tch of a climb towards the end).

I made a nav error early on - so the 102.8 mile total was more like 94 miles of the actual course. Still, all's set for the biggy in two weekends time. Just going to polish off another 80-miler this weekend - and then take it easy.

The 102 miles was on top of 4 pints the night before = and another 45 miles of riding on Sunday itself... Yay 😶‍🌫️ *wavey*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

... £100 for them only when you complete it Myles 😶‍🌫️ ... no pressure!! *wink*

Although I'm quite surprised there aren't more sponsors amongst this lot 😔 As Del would say, if times are tough, sack the Under-Butler *smokin*

Ooh - it's going to be a nail-biter! Had to cut (really) short my normal ride this evening - didn't feel so good and I've picked up a tickly cough...

...better not be a lurgy ☹️ Still aiming for an 80-mile ride this weekend though.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Just checked my email - thanks to SteVEN for another pledge *thumbup* *thumbup*

Strange that no-one has picked NTL - heh ho, I guess MacMillan Nurses reach a wider audience anyway *wavey*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Hmm - it seems to think there are 70 days (rather than just over 7) left. Still, the page is visible - dunno whether the actual donation mechanism is still working though.

You could always try the NTL page - but you'd be Johnny-no-mates over there... *biggrin*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻