Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cheap Source Of Sticky Pads for Brake Pads

shn7

Some chat on another forum got me thinking that the dreadful squeal I get from my brakes could be cured using some of the rubber stick on pads that are supplied for the back of some brake pads.

I know I had some when I bought a set of Mintex pads in the past. Anyone know where these can be purchsed with costing as much as those advertised by TVRSpareParts. Outrageous at £11.75 for 4 sticky pads.

Or anyone have a set lying around unwanted?

Steve.

Sussex (West) AR

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

John,

Once when planning our escape from London we were considering the idea of a small holding and so did a few one day courses one of which was on pig keeping. We had a demonstration of how a piglets teeth are clipped to help prevent the sow suffering so much abrasion *wink*

Dick, non specific number of * was my intention 😬

Steve.

Sussex (West) AR

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

I tried the stick-on pads - they didn't help me at all and I'll swear they softened the pedal feel slightly.

I run Pagid RS14s on the front (or is it 15s) - anyway, they squeel like a stuck-pig in my Hi-Specs - I have just learnt to ignore it.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

I had this customer once! well I had more than 1 customer........Anyway I fitted brand new discs and pads and could not stop them squeeling like the aformentioned swine.....SO I desided to glue 0n the back of the pads GASKET PAPER *eek* not the crap stuff *nono* that water pump bendy thicker stuff and It worked like a charm. Its more like plastic paper *thumbup*

Infact years ago MOST pads came with a similar material already on the back of the pad..Now I have never had to do it again...But I would try it if it was getting on my nerves and making me all