Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Goodwood Friday Night

FlymoFraser

Chris & Gemma Hawkes, Colin Hesletine, John Caldicott (possibly later on)and I will be staying down there. *wavey*

John will be celebrating victory or drowning his sorrows on Friday evening *smile* or ☹️ as appropriate,I'm sure we can all help either way 😬.

The stables looks like the only watering hole in walking distance!

See you there

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Hi all, 😶‍🌫️

The 'old stables' at fontwell is a new harvester type pub so you cannot book tables.

There are several good food venues within a few miles of the travelodge.

The Nags Head in chichester does an excellent carvery,

Try the Gribble at Oving for real ale and good food (west sussex regular monthly venue)

The Angleseay arms at Boxgrove / Strettington has a real 'local feel and great steaks.

Get Gemma / Chris Hawkes to Give Bev or I a buzz or pm me with a phone number for other options, I wouldn't touch the Old Stables with your bargepole personally 😬

it's RAC Orange for a reason

The results will be posted on Competitors Korner once I have received them from the organising club. The class winners and times are as follows:

Class 1 - Andrew Willoughby 104.76

Class 2 - Mike Sankey 97.77

Class 3 - David Nelson 94.65

Class 4 - Neil Cavanagh 94.61

Class 5 - Adrian Williams 89.64

Class 6 - Adam Hay 114.56

I should also mention that at the awards presented by the Bognor Regis Motor Club Gill Elwell picked up the award for the greatest improvement on the third timed *thumbup* run and Lynn Gilbert was the fastest lady *thumbup*. If there had been an award for clipping the tyres at the chicane this would have been given to the current holder of the Golden Trowel *tongue*

I hope Nigel Fox gets his diff fixed in time for Llandow and Paul Gibb finds a way of reducing the induction noise so he can compete at Goodwood next year.

A good start to the season *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*