Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Perspex aeroscreen

Shaun_E

• Support Team

I've put a wanted ad up for the "Race" aeroscreens but is there another solution?

The aero needs to be clear as the 2 short 🙆🏻es driving the car can't see effectively with a carbon screen fitted. The JPE screen was smoked perspex but can you see through it? Does anyone know of a source for a similar design in clear perspex or preferably polycarbonate?

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Shaun, i did my own aeroscreen with a cut down screen and some polycarb sheet. It worked enough to redirect a little air but was still a little too much like the screen for my liking so this year I bought an aero (I did run it for two years though...it worked ok as better than nothing but I am very tall so not as much help for me).

If you want to see a picxture you can or you can have it if you like for a donation to NTL. I used the stanchions still fixed to the scuttle and unscrewed the actual screen and it went in and fixed to the two lower screws.

Kev

• Support Team

Hi Kev - I had thought of doing something similar but really wanted a neater solution. I will probably end up with the Race screens but before I take the plunge just though I'd see if there were any suitable alternatives. If you could post up or email me a picture I'd like to see it. shaun dot elwell at blueyonder dot co dot uk

Thanks.

• Support Team

Brooklands won't really suit the car - it's a Superlight with lots of carbon, etc. sort of quasi race car. They also weigh a fair bit and aren't easily transported to a track. The carbon screen I have can be bungeed to the rollbar.

Shaun.

I obtained a 'JPE' style screen of a member from 'Blatchat' about 3 years ago. I was told that it was one of 'a batch' that were made by a club member. It is 'clear' and locates on the scuttle by small 2cm blocks. I have seen others around but they are all Black or deep smoke black. Sorry can't post a link to a pic. but I will be at Stoneleigh for the weekend if that helps.

There may some others still out there *thumbup*

Look out for a RED / ALI Q plate car

Richard

Kevin,

You have a picture of the windscreen which has some kind of adapter for the rear view mirrors bolted to the stanchions. Do you have a better picture of how they mount?

How well do they work?

ELV15 - Tom in California -

200hp duratec powered 2003 Clubsport Build pics here: here

Tom, a bit of a home made arrangement, i have had this on my car for the last 16 years and it works well for me, the bracket is basically a piece of ali flat bar, from memory around 40mm x 70mm x 10mm, shaped at the front to match the mirror foot, it is then drilled to fit the stanchion and drilled vertically to fit the door pin. i have a drawing some where that i will dig out and put up with pics, think it may be at work.

one drawback is that the doors only open to around 90 degrees to the car, for a shiny car like mine though this is good as they cant scratch my bonnet 😬ps the mirrors are SPA touring car mirrors.

hope this helps

kevin R

black(but sometimes orange)-ali HPC

Sorry Tom, you probably mean the mirrors mounted with the aero screen. this is a real lash up but works great. just two ali angles 25mm x 25 mm x 3mm with the holes for the stanchion bolts and holes for the mirror feet. the mirrors were extended with some 10 mm Dia round ali bar (from local DIY store) the ends of the bar were drilled and tapped for the ball of the mirror foot to fit and drilled to take the bolt to secure the mirror, will take some close pics tomorrow. hope this explains a little

kevin R

Hi Kevin,

I was actually interested in the windscreen mounts. I have a pair of spa mirrors mounted in a similar location, but it is not as sanyo as your installation.

It also looks like you have a hole to adjust the spa mirrors. This is a huge plus as mine are constantly getting out of adjustment and I can't reach the allen screw without removing them from the stanchion.

ELV15 - Tom in California -

200hp duratec powered 2003 Clubsport Build pics here: here

Thanks Tom, I have a feeling that i had to make a small countersink on the back of the brackets to clear the windscreen fixing screw that falls under the brkt, this isnt shown on the drawing.

kevin R