Click here if you are having website access problems ×

indicator lamps

jonsharland

In the manuel it says that under the front indicators you have to fit a rubber push on strip - what type of strip is this? is it the same as goes around the scuttle or softer rubber - like goes around the cycle wings ?

also does it have to go all the way round or just on the front of the indicator please please help

Jon

The bottom edge of the indicator bracket needs the same edge strip as you will use on the edge of the front wings. This is an SVA requirement, don't glue it on if you want to lose it after SVA. I fitted it all the way around. You also need to fill the screw holes in the lens with silicon.

I secured mine on with insulation tape to stop it falling off on the way; did the same on the wings.

• Support Team

jon

same stuff as for front wings and scuttle.

only needs to be fitted to the back part of the indicator units (doesn*t fit across the front).

and fit it with the long side if the rubber inside the pod. This seems to be the wrong way around but it fits much better (my SVA inspector did it for me as I didn't really understand what I was supposed to be doing and had therefore left it off)

rob