Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Remote thermostat for K series

Englishmaninwales

Hi Malcolm,

I have been running with the QED remote stat for two years and have been delighted with the temperature stability. Even on track the temperature remains constant within a few degrees even fitted with an 88 degree stat.

Last year I incorperated a Laminova which has achieved the aim of reducing oil warm up time from a cold start.

Dave H.

Mad about S77ENS

Thanks for the comments (well, most of them, Mark *tongue*). Am I correct in assuming the T piece goes into the heater circuit and connects to the bypass outlet in the QED housing?

Rob YHM

malcolm

Edit to add...or connect the bypass in the QED to the small bleed pipe on the plastic radiator header (which I currently have blanked off)?

Edited by - Englishmaninwales on 23 Apr 2008 08:33:08

The bypass connection on the QED housing Tees into the existing bypass pipe from the water rail thus creating a secondary bypass circuit to ensure that the thermostat sees the current coolant temperature. This is a common pipe to the header outlet pipe which is the closest point to connect to, although I teed into the bypass as close to the original thormostat housing as possible.

I experienced air lock problems untill I drilled a small hole in the 88 degree thermostat. The 82degree stat from QED already had a bleed hole/valve in it.

Dave H.

Mad about S77ENS

I am in the process of installing the remote stat. I ordered the PCH001190 kit and used 3 of the 5(?) hoses with some modifications. Here are some pictures:

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

I still have some thinking to do with regards to avoiding airlocks but the main layout is set. There are probably 10 different ways of installing it...

What lower temp stat?

The Landrover remote thermostats come in 2 temperature varieties - one's a grey housing and one's a cream one.

I forget which colour corresponds to which temperature but it's a case of buying a housing containing the thermostat which matches the temperature you want..

I hope that makes sense, it doesn't read very well. *redface*

Darren E

K80RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54

Edited by - k80rum on 24 Apr 2008 15:37:58