Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

insert for temperature sender on VHPD manifold

Miura

It would appear I need an insert to fit the standard Rover manifold temperature sender into the cast VHPD swan neck manifold. I have e-mailed CC to enquire but Darren is away so probably long shot but if anybody has one gathering dust in a box I'd be most grateful for it *thumbup*

I was told by Steve Greenald that the manifold was not the best place for it & the filter backplate is 2nd best. Best place is in the inlet airstream but somewhere unaffected by engine heat soak (that's why the manifold is not the best place). If you have an airbox fit it near the intake.

For a long time mine used to sit alongside the filter but suffered from heat soak if the engine was left idling for a while (in traffic). This caused the ecu to assume the inlet air was very hot causing stalling. It's now in the filter backplate which has improved things somewhat.

Thanks guys.

Mick, i don,t have the car with me so difficult to check but I seem to remember the backplate on the VHPD is a rather thick aluminium affair. Would you remember the applicable thread size by any chance??

*wavey*

Mick, the car is here... so I can relate.

The real issue is finding something to block the bloody big hole that exists in the manifold. If you happen to know what the thread is, that would be a start... thereafter, once the hole is block, the simplest thing for me is to, as you suggest, fit it to the backplate.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

Dave Andrews blocked mine off, probably used someting like JB Weld to fill the hole. However my manifold is a Southern Carburettors special to take 4 single throttle bodies.

I haven't a clue what the existing thread in a VHPD manifold is.