Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Racing at Spa - 9/10/11th May

fatcat

Spa is arguably the greatest race track in Europe, if not the world. OK that ain't news to most of you. Some of you may also know that the Caterham Eurocup season starts there with three races over the 9/10/11th May and you may also know that there are classes for CSR's and C400's. There may even be a few of you who are aware that there is also a class for Roadsports too. But I wonder how many of you know that there is also an Invitation class that is open to just about any Caterham with engine less than 2000cc, cat converter, CR500 tyres and compliant with normal race safety standards + 1 or 2 drivers with Nat A licence? If any of this is ticking boxes and the idea of competing in up to 3 x 40 mins races on the same bill as the Spa 1000km LMES is appealing then maybe you should have a word with Magnus Laird at CC? Oh and car transport is probably available if required - blatmail me for that bit. (vested interest declaration: I'm going and I'd prefer a full truck to keep my costs down !)

Do you think if I chat with Magnus he will sub me the entry??

I would so love to go. Went there last year for track day - what and amazing place.

Only just manged to gather enough pennies to eneter RSb's otherwise would be there!

Good luck if your racing - have fun anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

I won't be racing, but am hoping to be there as a spectator - as I'll only be able to make one of the days, any advice on which one to go for please?

Chris.

Hi Dave,

following Spa, calendar is:

20/21/22 June - Valencia

29/30/31 Aug - Donington

10/11/12 Oct - Magny Cours

and a non-championship endurance race at Paul Ricard 1/2 Nov

cheers

Nigel