Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Yamaha YBR 125cc bike - perfect learner bike, only done 600 miles

Neil_K

If you're thinking of learning to ride, you'd better get cracking ahead of the G'ment's law changes regarding motorcycle licence and testing coming into force on 1st October.

For sale is my Yamaha YBR 125cc bike in blue. It's 6 months old on a 57 plate, bought from new by me to learn on. SWMBO and I have both passed our full licences it's now up for sale. Only ever ridden by us locally around town, a few practice U-turns etc etc. It's the perfect learner tool or commuter bike with just 600 miles on the clock.

Details:

YBR 125cc in blue. Maunal with 6 gears

Only 600 miles from new!

Removable Givi top box with integrated stop light.

Currently fitted with L plates but these can be easily removed.

1st Yamaha service done, next one due December I think

Remainder of manufacturers warranty (2 years I think but will check)

No MOT for years

Taxed until September

Dirt cheap insurance

Never dropped and not a single scratch. It is literally as it was when it left the showroom.

£1500 to a blatchatter, or will be going on Biketrader at £1595 at the weekend and will be the lowest milage one on there.

These things do not lose any value, especially as everyone wants them this year to learn on. You can buy one to learn with and pass your test, and then sell it for about the same amount in 6 months time (check biketrader, you'll see they're all around the same price, even a couple of years old). Or keep it as a general runabout or commuter! All you need to ride it is a one-day CBT.

Approx ongoing costs:

£6 fills the tank and lasts yonks, (I think the official figure is around 90mpg 😳). 1st service after 6 weeks cost me £12.88 and it won't need another one until October ish. I've never had a problem with it, but it's still under warranty anyway so no costs there. No MOT required until 2010??. Tax due in Sept whch will dent your wallet for around £15. Depending on your profile, insurance should be a couple of hundred quid with just a CBT.

And that's it!

Bike is located in Epsom, Surrey. Any viewings are welcome. Blatmail me if you have any questions. I'll be taking photos at the weekend, but literally it looks the same as all the others.

There's a link to a review with some pics here

Where am I?