Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Office ChairGate

Delbert

Right the world has passed gone mad and has entered a new level of absolute bloody stupidity.

I have a comfortable office chair , I am a senior manager and it is matched to the office furniture. .

Now one of the women on the shop floor who counts some bits is pregnant .

She decidedes that my chair is the only comfortable one in the whole company

No says I I'm sitting on it, anyway when were you in my office

Hello this is S.Ane Dals from HR.

Carry your chair down to the factory and get one from the canteen for yourself!!!

No says I , Oh yes says S. Anne Dalls

What about my bad back and the recognised medical need

Not as great as as hers.

So hear I pearch on a chair that is too low for the desk

And I'm still seen as the bad guy *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad*

Mission accomplished

Does your chair comply with H&S (Display Screen Equipment) Regulation 1992? The EU directive cam into affect on 31 Dec 1992 and all chairs had to comply by 1996.

If not ask HR for a new chair... and get an even more comfy one than your old one 😬

See if she notices and then you'll know how she found out that your chair is more comfy than hers.... or did you dictate a HR note one evening 😳

it's cool down here in the dark dungen, bit of an echo and damp smell (who did that?) but I may visit more often.

White road legal 2.0 HPC VX race car 😬

Simply ask HR to perform a DSE examonation on you, and point out that now you are uncomfortable in your work place, and they will be forced to purchase a new comfy chair for you. Either that or become a lesbian, single parent tree hugger, and HR will fall over themselves for you!

What you really need is one of these

Only dead fish go with the flow....!

Oh, Del, if she wanted the chair that badly, I would have got HR to come and move it.

Have you looked at what chairs HR have in their office, as your need may be greater than theirs! Go and take a wander round, and try all of their chairs, and I suggest you request S. Anne Dalls chair *wink*

I had a similar situation, where somebody else wanted "my" chair. I politely refused, as they had no real grounds to have it. They went to HR saying they had a bad back. HR told me to give them the chair. I told them no, you come and get it, and you can deliver it. They came to take the chair, so I asked them where the replacement was. They said there was not one, so I picked up my coat and started to leave the office.

They asked me where I was going, and I replied saying I was off home until they provided me with adequate equipment to do my job. I then requested a mouse mat, a foot rest and a wrist pad, as well as a screen filter, all as part of a DSE assesment *tongue*, and I got a new chair as well.

Only dead fish go with the flow....!

Now I really really really don't want to upset anyone so here is a big pinch of salt to start with but......

Delbert you are senior management, if you are senior just go and buy a chair immeadiately, that suits/pleases you - I don't see the dilema *confused*

If you are saying that you don't have the power to go and do that then you are being shafted by your employers (and you need something comfy to sit on after a good rogering 😳 *tongue* 😬)

Dicks (sat on a £30 computer chair that works fine for me in my own office at home where no other person can nick it )