Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

My battery has died........Odyssey/Powervamp replacement

Martin S.

.....which is bad news as I'm due to go to the Isle of Man on Thursday. The good news is it gives me an excuse to get an Odyssey/Powervamp replacement if I can get one in time. Question is will it take much to fit it in the same space as my old Banner. Will it need new bracketry and are the terminals the flat type so my existing cables will fit?

Class 4 Zetec *cool*....nearly there *smile*

Edited by - martin s. on 12 Apr 2008 22:58:31

You will need to adapt your battery strap - but this wasn't a major problem for me.

You might also need to source some longer bolts for the terminals - but any M-whatever bolt with some washers will do in the short term.

I would suggest taking my lead and buying some ali strip from B&Q - this is easy to make into a custom battery-strap with only a hacksaw and a drill.

This article on my site shows my original modified strap - and the final ali strip job. Ignore the heat-shield. here

While we're here, my car has sat outside all winter in Scottingland - and I've not put the Odyssey onto the charger. It has started first time on the button both times I've needed to do that. They're brilliant batteries and Powervamp are a jolly-good company.

Now, if only Ted could remember the name of that pizza place off Leith Walk... *wink*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com