Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

2nd hand flared wings with extra hole

MartinS

Hi :)

I've bought a 2nd hand pair of BRG flared wings to replace my tatty ones. They're second hand in so much as one of the previous owners have drilled the holes to mount the wings, but I don't think they were ever mounted or used as they are perfectly clean.

One thing I've spotted is there seems to have been an extra hole drilled slightly further forwards than the indicator holes on the top of the wing, where my existing wings have no hole? *confused*. My current wings are mounted to wing stay using one of the indicator holes.

Why would that extra hole be there? My car is a 1995 DeDion 7. Also, I've not checked the mounting holes on the side skin yet to see if they match, should I expect problems there as well?

Cheers!

M.

Martin Saunders

ohh, is it upgrade time? :)

Edited by - martins on 8 Apr 2008 10:02:42

Martin,

Just a guess;

Maybe someone had planned to mount the older Lotus "bullet" style repeaters on the wings? The holes would be about 1/2 inch forward and slightly inboard of the wing stay bolt . Look at a photo of an S2 or S3 Lotus.

-Bob

94 HPC VX Evo III

• Leadership Team
I'm afraid I can't help with the top holes - however I have recently replaced my wings (1991 Dedion SS) with a set of second hand ones and all the holes matched up - so you should have no problem

• Leadership Team
Oops - just read the post again. On my car the wings are not attached using the indicator lights. They sit on their own. My wings are attached by a large head bolt forward of the indicators (exactly where you say your hole is). It's a large roofing bolt and it goes through the wing stay. I suspect there must have been a change in the wing stay arrangement between 1991 (my car) and your model year - although this would be news to me!