Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Adding half a degree of neg camber to rears

Irrelevant

Right . . . I need more rear camber but not -1.5 degrees and -1 degree ears are no longer available. So I want increase the negative on my -0.25 ears to get -0.75 degrees(the recommended for my tyres).

Question is, what is the best way to do this *confused*

The way I see it, there are 4 options:

1. Get ears machined

2. Get bearing carriers machined

3. Shim ears

4. Shim bearing carriers

Which shall I use?

Answers on a postcard to . . .. Well, actually, just post here please if you've done this or have any good ideas.

TIA *thumbup*

DPR Motorsport . . . that was where I saw them. Cheers for the reminder Mark *thumbup* I've ordered some.

mwoodham: I can see they need shimming simply by looking at the tyres. There's over an inch of unused slick on the inner edge, so they need setting up correctly. I'll follow BMTR's advice and set the camber to the correct angle.

I've measured it and it's dead equal and evidently not enough - you can clearly see it on the tyre. So for the sake of a few quid worth of shims, and while I'm putting on new rear brakes anyway, I think it's worth while doing. I just want to get it as right as I can.

The old tubes toe in 20 minutes, the latest tubes run parallel and have 10mm increased track. IMHO you will find that adding only .5 a degree neg camber will have very little effect and is probably not worth all the effort.

Edited by - Rob Walker on 8 Apr 2008 09:47:36

Well, got my shims at lunchtime . .. even though fitting them is a complete waste of time *tongue*

DPR seem like a nice helpful bunch *thumbup*, not heard of them before really - well, I'd heard the name but didn't realise they were just down near Gomshall.