Click here if you are having website access problems ×

For the guitarists .........

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

I'm selling my Vox AD50-VT amp. Its a 50 watt modelling combo, image here. Two years old and hardly used - unfortunately it's mostly sat around gathering dust ☹️ I've just aquired a third Strat so I really ought to unload something!

These typically retail now for £189 (see Sounds Alive here) so looking for £110. I could post it but it's pretty heavy (around 12kg) therefore I would need to charge postage (at cost), otherwise collection/meeting/GONADS would be easier!

Stu.

Joint Area Representative MAD Sevens (Merseyside And District)

www.superse7ens.co.uk..........the rebuild 😬

• Leadership Team

I thought I could justify it because it has all the bells and whistles that my old gigging amp is short of - bloody loud also *eek* This one's always kept in the house but at the same time never gets used!

This amp's great for home use and small gigs but there's nothing wrong with my old workhorse which seems to do the job just fine anyway, even though over the years it had numerous mods/speakers etc, and gets kept in garage whatever the weather!

Stu.

Totally different to the Lace sensors I had before. Lower output, much more "chime" and pos'n 2 and 4 have that wonderful Strat quack in spades. The Lace's sounded dull in comparison to the BKPs. Have needed to get a bit more gain for lead stuff so I've started using an overdrive pedal as well as the gain channel to get a bit more oomph. Tried various OD's including an original Ibanez 808 but actually settled on a digitech Bad Monkey - cheap as chips and I preferred it to the legendary 808!

Interested to hear that their humbuckers are good to although I'm quite happy with the PRS Dragon IIs in my PRS CE22.

VDU 7X

Edited by - Alex Wong on 28 Mar 2008 16:03:12

• Leadership Team

Interesting about the lower output. I've just put together a "Partsocaster" based around a Fender Japanese '54 RI neck and body combined with a full set of Fender USA Eric Johnson pickups. The EJs are not high output but the tone really is spectacular - helped very much by the second tone pot controlling the bridge rather than middle pickup. The classic out-of-phase position can now be aided by dialling out some of the bridge pickup brightness - IMHO rewiring this way is the best mod that can be made to any traditional single coil equiped Strat.

I'm now toying with selling my USA Fender Hot Rod (HSS) Strat also - the EJ equiped one is just so versatile!

Stu.

I would have it like a shot, they are great little home use amps but I am in a place called Caterham which is in Surrey, you may have heard of it!

Postage is really not an option and I do not see myself your way in the forseeable.

Sorry!

david

CoSwoRth it!

• Leadership Team

If you're still interested in a month or so, I'll be passing nearby. We'll be on our annual wine run at the end of May (despite the Euro ☹️) and there's planty of space in the van going south!

Last year it was a convenient trip to deliver a set of wheels to K16TOY!

Stu.

• 1 month later...