Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nitron, what sping rates?

Panagiotis-Marina

Currently my car is a 1.6 K-Series SS, but after the upgrade, which is ready to start, it will be around the 180+ mark 😬 I will also switch to 13" wheels (185 front, 205 rear) either with r888 medium (worn currently) or Kuhmo V7 also medium. It is used for trackdays and on the road (1/3 milage on track and 2/3 on road). If I were to make a compromise, I would opt for better track performance than road going manners; having said that we do alot of road miles (18.500 total klm in the past 11 months of ownership).

I'm looking to change the current SPAX dampers (not sure of current spring rates since they were from the previous owner) with nitron NTR Sport wide track. Standard spring rates as described on the nitron site for these are 250lbs front and 140lbs rear. I've seen on other topics that many use 225lbs front and 150lbs rear.

So, finally 😳, my questions are:

1) what spring rates would you suggest?

2) should I go for the Eibach springs given as an upgrade option by nitron?

Thank guys, seen most if not all related topics. What I havent mentioned is that I only have a front arb (5/8" widetrack). Gave a call to the local Nitron reseller and Guy will be asked for his opinion as soon as he returns from Japan. From the other topics it looks like a decent track/road compromise would be 250 front with 170 rear with probably a few more lbs on the front.

• Support Team

Just so you are aware, 170 rear with the track biased dampers will be very harsh on bumpy roads. I'm running 250 front and 150 rear and wish I had gone softer at the rear.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing