Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brake Pads

prs

Can anyone enlighten me on the following. I have big brakes on my 1.6ss but the bite seems iffy especially when compared to my roadgoing Cossie which also has uprated brakes. The pads on my caterham have M1202 stamped on them, what type of rating is this? cheers Phil

Can someone give me the part No. for the Mintex 1144 pads for the AP 4 pot caliper as fitted to an SLR. I am not getting a lot of joy from DT. They cannot find a Mintex pad to fit.

Andy Mac

teeth.gif Team Langoustine. Hard Core Prawn. See you at LeHoux teeth.gif

The best Ferodo pad is the new DS2500 not a bad price either. EBC pads are pish as I have said elsewhere in blat chat. Greens wilt very quickly and I wore a set of Reds down to 2mm in less than half a track day!.

Pagids are the best (blue or RS14?) although I haven't tried them in a 7 as they don't them for may caliper yet, although I should be getting some on test soon

155bhp LA Xflow

Graham

I've been very happy with my EBC red stuff pads. My last set of fronts lasted about 6 trackdays. Just fitted new ones front and rear.

They may not be the best but they've been very good value for me. I'm amazed you wore them down that quickly. Not tried them at the back before so I'll see how long they last.

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

www.slipstream-trackdays.co.uk

_________

/ __ __ /

___ _//__T/__/_ ___

/ (_) (_)/

/`-'/o/ _______ /o/`-'/

/ /// ( VDU7X ) // /

/___/--_________/--/___/

Edited by - Alex Wong on 30 May 2002 00:55:02

Graham, do you keep your foot on the brake pedal all the time???

I agree psot Curborough that Green Stuff wears very quickly, I got 60% through front and rear

in the 23 runs my car did in practice and on the day.

I find Red Stuff a bit dead from cold, but after 1 decent stop they are fine and seem not to wear very quickly. I certainly think Alex's experiences are probably a minimum life scenario.

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM siteid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>