Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Intro to sprinting day

magister

Even the weather turned out nice!
Well, I arrived and departed in snow showers *eek*, but at least there was a good bit in the middle where it was nice and clear 😬.

I’d like to add my thanks to the organisers / contributors - especially to those who have travelled considerable distance to get to Curborough *thumbup* *thumbup*

Steve - Orange and Black ex Academy

Another huge "Thank You" to the whole team that gave up their time to pass on so much information about how to start competeting in the 7. I had a great day and I am now looking forward to giving it a go for real. 😬

Just like to add my thanks to the list - all very friendly, welcoming and reassuring - the only criminal in the whole day was the person who must have coated all my tyres with teflon, because they seemed never to stick to the track.

Thanks to all those who give up their time and energy for no other reason than getting others involved.

Cheers

Dave

If the guy whose son went in Mark's R500 (I'm really sorry but I've forgotten your name *rolleyes*)would like to let me have his e mail address I'll send you the photos

Big up to Mark for making the kids day, all I could see was a helmet and a grin in the passenger seat 😬

Thanks to everyone else novices and helpers for making it a fun day. See you all at a speed venue soon

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

• Area Representative

Kart,

It's just fine without a passenger

Both the car that currently holds the Lotus 7 club class 2 Curborough record, and the car that has held the record for the previous two years, run very standard suspension.

Standard springs and dampers, narrow track with a 5/8" ARB, and no rear ARB. Stiffer, may feel better, but might not accually be any quicker!

Edited by - Richard Price on 23 Mar 2008 09:04:52