Click here if you are having website access problems ×

08/08 Fiat 500 For Sale £9995ONO - (reduced price)

Simon_hill

Dear All,

After only three weeks I'm selling my Fiat 500 ☹️. Unfortunately, unexpectedly high property renovation costs have meant that I have to sell it and rather it than the 7!

Fiat 500 Sport 1.4 16V in Passodoble Red.

'08 plate (delivered 1st March) 360 miles.

1.4 16V 100HP engine. 6 speed gearbox.

Standard Sport spec including:

Blue&Me (voice controlled bluetooth telephone, media player (USB and I-pod).

ESP

7 airbags.

ENCAP 5 star rating.

Steering wheel controls.

Elec windows.

Air conditioning.

Alloy wheels (sport style)

Tinted rear windows.

Sports seats.

Spoiler

Sport button (changes steering effort and throttle response).

Original Fiat 500 mats.

Taxed until end Feb '09.

New condition (as you'd expect for a car with only this mileage).

Available now - save joining the waiting list. 3 year warranty remaining (well, 2 years, 11 months and 11 days to be precise!).

£9995 ONO

Pics on pistonheads here

Many thanks *thumbup*,

Simon

Tel: 07779 164993

Edited by - simon_hill on 21 Mar 2008 18:34:33

Edited by - simon_hill on 22 Mar 2008 11:49:08

Edited to reduce price and to add better pictures to pistonheads link.

Edited by - simon_hill on 24 Mar 2008 09:31:21

Edited by - simon_hill on 24 Mar 2008 09:36:28

Got tax wrong

Edited by - simon_hill on 25 Mar 2008 07:08:56

Edited by - simon_hill on 27 Mar 2008 17:27:42

Hi Angus,

Thanks for the BTTT.

It is a very good car. Seems very well built - very solid, no rattles or squeaks. Materials are generally very good (some cheaper bits, but they've had to compromise in some places to prioritise others.)

Performance is pretty good, though I've not really had chance to stretch it that much due to the miles. Very nice rorty sound though. Economy so far about 38-43MPG. 6 speed gearbox is nice, with well chosen ratios and it's nice having the gearlever so close to your hand.

Excellent brakes; very little lost stroke, good effectiveness and easy to modulate.

Handling is pretty good; quite grippy and reasonably balanced (though it has ESP, which cuts in before it gets out of shape). Steering OK in sport mode (a little light in normal mode).

Ride is mixed - over potholes and ridges, it's very good in terms of impact shock and noise (the sound quality is like a car a few classes higher) and on a crappy road the likes of which I drive on daily, it's OK, though on a smoother road, it can sometimes pick out surface ripples, which set it off. Much better ride than one I tried on 16" wheels though. I did come from a Peugeot 306 though and will be going back to one!

Quietness overall is pretty good - road, wind and engine noise are well balanced and the engine sound is there when you want it (i.e. more spirited acceleration), but quiet when you're cruising.

Other points:

Seats are supportive with a surprising amount of legroom (though I'd like steering reach adjustment.

Loads of kit: Blue&Me is very useful - you can control your ipod and see all the track names in the centre display. It also downloads your phone book so you can use the voice recognition to say "Call Barry". It then asks, "Barry Home or Barry Mobile?", which I thought was pretty cool.

Good safety - 5 star ENCAP, 7 airbags, ESP etc.

Headlights are average on main beam- I tend to put +50% bulbs in my cars and would do the same with this if I were keeping it.

Narrow car, which is great for nipping through gaps, or threading down a little country lane, but steering lock is a bit limited (I think it's limited due to the 6speed box).

Overall, If I could keep it I would, but I don't want to have this size of overdraft for ever!!! *eek*

Thanks for the feedback - a bargain indeed, if only the timing were different for us!

We took a similar one for a quick test drive, and I must admit I was pleasantly impressed with the thing - nice to have a slightly different interior...

Good luck with the sale - and a BTT again! *thumbup*

www.mycaterham.com

here

Videos

here

102,000 miles car

Hi Angus,

Thanks for the BTTT *thumbup*. I think at this rate, the timing will be right for you! Surprisingly few people interested considering how cheap it is (in contrast to the 306 which I mistakenly sold, which had 40 people in 2 days! *eek*!)

Simon