Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anti Roll Bar

puremalt

How do I adjust the rear anti roll bar, I think it's too soft after reading earlier threads.

Also how do I adjust the Spax shockers, not planning to do it, just want to know.

Thanks chaps

(x flow de dion)

Dave Robertson

Remove the rear wheels and you will see that the rear anti roll bar has drop links on either side from the dedion ears , these are bolted to the bar through one of 4 holes . Simply undo the bolt and move the drop link to the next hole and tighten up again .

Moving drop link to the furthest end of the arb , reduces it effect , moving to the other increases . Most folk have them between positions 1-3 .

Me ..... I dont run with a rear arb smile.gif

My 1989 xflow SS does not appear to have the rear arb. I have the Spaxes set at 1 click rear and 3 front and its vastly improved the cornering with only a slightly harder ride.

What extra benefit is the arb likely to give and how easy are they to fit if its worthwhile?

Got back on at last..

Mine is also an '89 Xflow SS. Also has no discernable anti-roll bar. Even the hand book shows a different set up. To my untutored eye there appears nothing to adjust back there apart from the rear shockers.. How do I do that to return to my other question?

Dave Robertson

Puremalt-

On your back,with a stubby screwdriver,locate the bottom of the shocker as it faces towards the centre line. Screw fully anticlockwise to soften,but do not force if seized.

Prob fully soft to 3 clicks hard will give you the best ride.