Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

FIA roll bar

Trotsky

I believe the hood should fit OK, but I think you will need a different boot cover - Caterham parts should know *thumbup*

Ian - MI 5EVN - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬 now repainted to match the Autocom headsets 😳

• Area Representative

Standard hood fits fine with a new Caged X bar. The boot cover will need replacing though to finish the job off

Nick

The BEC has gone - now onto an R400!!

I got a FIA boot cover and it didn't fit my (caged X type) bar as the braces were penetrating the boot cover in the wrong place.

My old cover fits OK but the ends of the bar that the harness bolts go through had to be teased out of the way ( the FIA upright is slightly inboard of the original).

Mine's a '97 De Dion.

• Area Representative
Susser, the hood shouldn't touch the FIA bar at all on a car with a standard height bar, the two hood sticks are the only things to support the roof. On the Academy cars with a tall bar, they have a single hood stick to support the middle of the hood with the FIA bar used instead of the rear stick which maybe what you are thinking of?

Interesting.

I'll hafta have a look. I just finished fitting my Half Hood last night and that's for a normal bar and fits perfectly.

I did relieve the rear holes in the stanchions to allow the screen top back a few mm just to stop the cracks spreading. *eek*

Don't know if I was just lucky but when I swapped my CC standard roll bar for a Caged FIA one my boot cover fitted fine without any need for alteration. Also my hood does get stretched slightly by the bar, even with the hood-sticks in place, though not so you would notice.

Edited by - kart on 14 Mar 2008 19:24:24

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2107511360089816983pRinVC

I did mine recently, jack the car up and undo the rear shocks, unbolt old bar from above, bolt in new one, add the bolts with the shortened heads underneath above the shock, shocks back on, new boot cover, job done. *cool*

Pics above if you need them.

FreeRange7

Edited by - phil on 14 Mar 2008 20:33:59