Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Won't Start

jstride

OK, so my apologies for reposting this, I can't find my original post.

I can't start my Caterham at the moment, I have a 2003 Academy and after turning off the immobiliser the red light (3rd along on the rev counter, not the immobiliser light) stays on and the engine won't turn over (it did before I went away on holiday, it just wouldn't start). I know that before somebody suggested this could be a duff alternator(I did fit a new battery a month or so back) so I have a feeling that I could be having my first 'under' the bonnet session sorting this out.

If this is the case, where I am I best to start/get parts/etc!

Thanks

Jake

Do you get a click from the starter motor?

Might be worth putting it in gear and rocking it back and forwards in case the starter motor is jamming on the fly wheel.

The immobiliser works on the fuel pump so it would still turn over even if immobilised. I do know that mine immobilises the fuel pump even if I have "mobilised" it with the key fob if the battery is too low. Should still turn over though.

Hi

Mine wouldn't start recently, fuel pump made its noise, immobiliser went off. I found a wire, that appeared lose but being a "numpty" I couldn't work out were it went.

In the end I called the RAC, they came round in 40 mins and found where it went, and we had a great chat about cars and bikes.

Anyway, I now know where the white wire on the near side goes.

OK I tried again this morning after rocking it back and forward and this time it wouldn't even turn over but made a loud clicking and the battery light flashed in time with the clicking.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

Jake