Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

NEW PRICE - Complete R3/4/500 4-1 big bore exhaust system with cat and by-pass pipe

Richyd

As it says in the title - this has been on my car 12 months. It is the complete CC 4-1 system with the cat (fitted with black heat guard) and a by-pass pipe, allowing you to run without the cat but fit it at MOT time if you wish. The silencer is the titanium re-packable type, so this is a lovely piece of Caterham bling if that's your thing....

It has the new-design primary that gives the starter motor loads of space and it's in great condition, no dent's or dings but needs a polish.... cost almost £1500 as-new (I have CC receipts).

I am only selling as the system is too large for my puny 1.6k - it would ideally suit a 1.8k or bigger. Noise-wise I was rated at 98db at Brands in September, but that was without the cat fitted - it is far, far quieter with the cat.

I have no-idea price-wise what this is worth as a used item - I guess £750 for the complete system incl by-pass pipe and cat would be fair, given that is a £700 saving from new *eek* *eek*......

The system will be available in a month or so, when my replacement system will be fitted.

Pickup West Kent please... or I could deliver to southern home counties....

DVA K05 1.6 It's a 187bhp screamer!!!here

Edited by - richyd on 13 Mar 2008 17:19:11

• Area Representative

Richyd

I may, repeat may, be interested. But only in the manifold (headers and collector).

The difficult part is finding out if it would be suitable for, and would fit, the 21. I have (very) recently fitted a VHPD to this car and need bigger pipes.

It used to have a 1.6SS so if you were interested in my old headers and collector...

Maybe I need to bring the 21 down your way to have a look.

7 WWoW and GJT - We could do something that would keep you both happy, but only really if it results in me shifting the whole system - I don't really want to break it into seperate parts, as I think it is more marketable if sold as a complete system.

GJT - I don't know if the primaries will fit the VHPD system... maybe blat down to Kent to have a look??

Just to clarify, this system is for sale initially as a complete system only - It is far easier for me to sell it to and arrange delivery to one buyer than sell the various components seperately.

However - If I cannot find a buyer for the whole system, I will break it but only once I have agreement on who wants which bits.

At the moment it would seem we have the following:

7WWoW - Re-packable silencer

GJT - Primaries and collector

StEVEN - Cat by-pass pipe

Is this correct??????

This leaves the CAT still for sale, UNLESS I can flog the whole system.

Also, please note that it will take upto 4 weeks before this system is removed from my car, so I'm in no rush. Having said that, I would really like to agree something in principal ASAP...

Thanks for the interest so far guys *thumbup*

Cheers - Rich

• Area Representative
Also, please note that it will take upto 4 weeks before this system is removed from my car, so I'm in no rush.

That is good news as it will be at least two weeks before I can visit.

Secondly, please note that my interest is provisional. I have already started down an alternative (but probably more expensive) route for new headers which were designed for the VHPD in a 21.

I'll blatmail you when I have a suggestion regarding a visit.

Stephen

SOLD to Mark P..... Sorry guys (GJT, 7WWoW, StEVEN) he wanted the full system as advertised and emailed me initially on Sunday night, with the deal confirmed this afternoon...

Paul - Sorry mate, he beat you by about an hour ☹️