Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oulton

AndyG

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad everyone enjoyed the day, Thanks to Mav, Viv, Allen, Simon, Doc John and Ben for helping out.

Roll on Brands GP on the 17th September. It's filling up fast,

I'll try and order the weather again. *cool*

Geoff *smile*

Another big *thumbup* from me.

Most memorable thing for me was being passed in the green session by an obviously lesser powered vehicle, with passenger, driven by the younger of the driver-trainers (sorry if you're on here but I didn't catch the name). I learned more following him around for one lap than I did in any of the previous laps.

Bottom line ~ you can spend a fortune on engine upgrades and you'll go very fast in a straight line (like me) but if you have no driving talent (like me) you'll be crap through the twisty bits (like me) and you'll be passed by better drivers (like him) *biggrin*

An excellent day all-round.

Tony

Tony, what happened to your engine?

Hi Gordon,

Well, the car was going very well just ask anyone in my group 😬 until second session of the afternoon, and was going down the pit straight slightly slower than normal having just avoided a spinner and noticed a sudden loss of power and saw a lot of smoke in the rear vierw mirror, so dipped clutch and rolled to a stop at the end of the straight.

On inspection quite a bit oil all over engine, but no obvious signs of damage, though car continued to leak oil, all albeit slowly for some time. I've subsequently taken the plugs out and they all look fine and checked the ECU for max revs which was 8125 (I went from 4th to 3rd for a split second rather than 4th to 5th but that was in second session)

Car had been spitting out two foot flames on over run which I am informed looked impressive but maybe that was a sign of imminent problems?

I am hoping to start the engine removal in earnest tonight.

Tony

L7 EVL *evil*

hope all is well with the engine.

my 3 sessions on film were all in the afternoon. i have ordered the relevant equipment to transfer, but it will be a few weeks till i get it sorted.

Tony7 you passed me more times than i overtook you

Darren, i did pass you but i think it was in the morning, you may be on the video, can't remember it all.

will post on here when sorted

Duratec is the way forward!! Here

• Leadership Team

indeed thanks to Geoff and the team - a superb day. Having collected the car from CCM the night before (post the May on road incident) ☹️ - straight to Oulton.

As Mr Price will testify I had a wee spin exiting Lodge ending up just nudging the armco opposite the pitlane entrance *eek* *eek* *eek* - for a moment I thought I'd be heading back to CCM............thankfully no damage at all *thumbup*

would be interested in seeing the footage - (green yellow stripe with clams) 😬

with apologies to anyone behind that I may have startled

Rog

Roger,

Glad your car was OK, I passed you as you were sliding acrosss the grass to the Armco and saw your car kiss the barrier, my engine expired 300 yards further on obviously in sympathy and due to an unexpected lifting off the throttle 😬 as I went past your 'incident in progress'.

Tony

L7 EVL *evil*

😳

Great day Geoff yet again!! just a shame my car was dead in the morning or I would have come over in it.

Good to see all the faces again, (Roger, Barbara, Geoff, Mav, Paul, Bob, Dave, Alan, Elliot, Deans, All that I know or just met) I will have to do it more often.

Did you like my expected sons little race suit babygrow? took Trace a long time to get it right.

Some pictures from Oulton Park track day + others from other tracks videos to be posted soon!! *cool*

Oulton Park pics

MattyP - Got some REAL tyres that stick to the road!! 😬 Don't do spinning Now -