Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Correct part numbers for Think Auto mech oil gauge?

Shad

I tried to order the parts for a mechanical oil pressure gauge from Think Auto on the weekend but struggled to find a few of the bits in their online catalogue.

Parts list from 7 FAQ

Has anyone recently ordered and have a more up-to-date list of part numbers? I sent them an email but haven't had a reply yet.

Ta muchly

Also to add, most of the descriptions of the parts on the FAQ page don't mean a lot to me so browsing their catalogue didn't yield much *redface*

Edited by - Shad on 5 Mar 2008 21:53:26

I was in the area today so I went in to the trade counter. It seems the metal block part, with the 3 fittings is wrong but Matt knew the right one so that was OK. Unfortunately they didn't have the right hose for the 'metal block thing' to the gauge, or indeed the gauge.

The hose should be in on Wednesday, I presume any mechanical oil gauge will do?

• Support Team

I've done this recently, but kept the electric oil-p sender. I've got the list of parts Think specified.

I think some of the parts on the FAQ are no longer available.

Let me know if you want a copy *thumbup*

I ordered this kit recently, but suffered big delays because Matt didn't have any gauges in stock. Several weeks later, he still didn't have any. Seems like a supplier problem. I ended up getting the kit minus gauge from Matt and the gauge from Merlin Motorsport (here)

JV

I have been wating for the guages to come in and gave up on Thursday. I ordered the guage itself from Demon Tweeks (Racetech) and recieved it Saturday. Hoping to get the rest of the stuff from Think Auto early next week, but definately dont bother ordering the mechanical guage from them as its going to be '4-5 weeks'. I hope they had the hose in stock *confused*

Hmm

Richard said the gauge line should be in around Wednesday but will give him ring tomorrow. I'm going to go with a Stack 0-100psi gauge from GPR, similarly priced to the one Think/Merlin do, except it has added 'Stack bling' *cool*

How does the gauge line differ from the line to go from the oil filter housing to the t-piece? Surely it can just as well be the same stuff?

Ok recieved the Stack gauge today. To my surprise is has a full compliment of parts to connect it to a sump, i.e. some grommets, a line and some fittings. Unfortunately the fitting at the sump end is 1/8 NPT which doesn't fit with the 3/8 BSP output from the t-piece from Think, so I'll have to wait for the line from Think to arrive (tomorrow hopefully).

Anyway to answer my own question it seems that the gauge line supplied is a very thin plastic-based tube. The one Think are sending me is a proper braided hose, which I will have more faith in (don't fancy hot oil on my legs).

Also... Stack gauge is soooooo nice! It looks fantastic when it's lit up, so much so I think I'll have to replace the other gauges now!! Bargain too at £30 plus the vat 😬