Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Track day Organisers? The Good the Bad the Ugly ???

BWJ777

Yes I known ........ L7C days (booked already)

Also looking to get a few more in , with '7' less mates

Yes still talking to friends with pseudo sports cars

(911 & XKR's mostly)

Any advice who to book with

Who to steer clear of......

Premier Track, EVO, bookatrack ????????????

Prob keep it local (Oulton Park, late summer)

Edited by - bwj777 on 19 May 2002 23:57:29

I can recomend Slipstream Trackdays. I have recently been with Easytrack and Bookatrack but both these days were spoilt by repeated track closures following drivers coming off the track and breakdowns, we had 10 stoppages at one of the days. Castle Combe are doing their own trackdays which are super value at £139 which includes lunch and these are poorly attended so you get plenty of track time on an uncrowded track ring them direct to book.

Rob

http://www.slipstreamtrackdays.co.uk/index.htm

The organisers are I believe all Caterham owners - certainly Rob (Shropshire AO) and Alex are. I've not met Gordon. Couldn't recommend them highly enough. I got 6 sessions at Cadwell despite an hours break for torrential rain during the day. See you there in September!

Dave Hooper - North London

dmch2@lineone.net

The owners of both Easytrack and Bookatrack have Caterhams as well. I have been on many Easytrack days and one Bookatrack and have found them to be excellent VFM and relaxed days

Don't know if the day Rob was talking about was the Easytrack day at Donington with 10 stoppages but if it was then there was still ample track time and the organisers stopped the day to b*****k the drivers, hardly the organisers fault!. After the chat the rule was if you caused a red flag you went home which was rigorously applied!

I havn't done a Slipstream day but as GetCarter posted on another thread most trackday organisers have 'come of age' and you won't be dissapointed with the mainstream companies

Mark