Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R300, R400, R500 decat pipe 99p

Billyboy

Hi Lardy A fellow SV owner *thumbup* although mine is a lowly R300 still scares me though *eek*

Well the Exahust you have at present will have a Catalytic converter thats the bulge between the 4 pipes comming out of the side skin of the car and the silencer.

Exahust gases are forced to go though the CAT to remove harmfull combustion componants, so there is a restriction in the flow of gases albeit a small one a restriction it is! So they have made a DEcat pipe to simply remove the Catalytic converted section of the exahust and replace with this section of streight through collector and pipe, so there is NO restriction on the flow.

This aids breathing of the engine and so a free flowing gas flow and some say a more responsive feel to the engine.

Many use them for track days and normal blatting!

Fitting 🤔 I would say about an hour or so at a leisure pace 😬

Hope this helps

It will be going on ebay this evening if no one wants it here 😬

Edited by - Billyboy on 5 Mar 2008 16:16:48

From personal experience doing the fitting is easy, 15 min of wiggling the cat section side to side carefully from the primaries (hopefully the reverse will be the same for the MOT next year), and yes the noise is better.

How did I end up here?

I very much doubt it the CSR is a completely different setup But HEY YOU NEVER KNOW! give Caterham a call.

IIRC the CSR has its own on the parts list so on second thoughts I would say NO without a doubt

Its for the R series with large bore exahust..........will be on ebay soon