Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K&N Air Filters

Mcalvert

• Leadership Team

Does anyone know anywhere good (OK, cheap!) for replacement K&N air filters for my Crossflow, either in Bucks/Berks, or mail order?

Thanks - Michael.

I could try for you if you give me your details, I think we sell them as complete filters {filter inc back and front plate}.

why are you replacing them please, have you not tried cleaning them.

1700SS DD 1990

akapmr@aol.com

• Leadership Team

I am not familiar with J.R. - this is a competing brand to K&N?

As regards why they need changing, I was actually in the process of re-oiling them when I noticed that one of them is quite badly damaged in one area - I think from a very small carb fire (little more than a biot of smoke) a while ago. The metal gauze is still there, but the "stuffing" for want of a better word that is in the gauze has gone in one area. Obviously, this means that the filter is not filtering out the smaller particles in that area. I would never had noticed had I not removed them for cleaning, so it may be a good thing for others to check too.

Their 1milllion mile guarantee or whatever it is does not necessarily cater for spitting crossflows!

Regards - Michael.

I've had a lot of trouble in the past getting the correct filter elements. Everyone wanted to sell me the wrong ones and all swore blind that the ones they sent me were the "right" ones. I eventually found out (via Demon Tweeks) what the correct ones were and had to wait six weeks for a pair to be ordered from America.

It's likely that yours are the normal everyday ones but if you get them and find they don't fit, email me or search the archives.

What type of cover plate do you have on the filters? Does it have a single large screw in the centre or two small nuts, in opposite "corners" ?

Anthony

I have been on the phone to K and N today for a price and some advice. They were very helpful and I have learnt a few things from them. I can supply you a pair of complete filters inc carraige to you and VAT for

£98.85, these were part no 56-9265, details of the car given were 1700ss 1992 x/f, these are the ones they supply to Caterham, they will not supply spare parts unfortunately.

If in any doubt measure the hight of the trumpets and give details of fixing ie single bolt/screw in centre or two bolts in aposing corners.

Try James Whiting, he supplied complete new filters to me(best type with fixing in centre) at less than K&N, and he can probably help on replacement filters too.

allen

Edited by - allen on 21 May 2002 11:05:57

Interesting as K and N would not supply my company with spare parts just whole kits, a shame as I was thinking of buying new crome covers for mine, if you can get just the filters, fair play to you. Good luck

i have bought the filter elements alone from a small comp spares shop called m a services (i think) in larkfield kent they were £48 for a pair i can get the exact details if required they advertise fairly regularly in triple c magazine. hugh