Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cost of chassis refurn at Arch?

stormcp

Does anyone know what Arch would charge for refurbishing a standard chassis. All straight and aligned but needs stripping and powder coating...I would strip the car down completely.

Also if I would then like them to re-skin the car then how much would that be, any ideas?

Regards

Matt

Yellow Blur!

Thanks Guys,

Also thanks for your email Chris, your pics have really inspired me to start stripping the car next Winter... *smile*

Out of interest Chris what sort of mods are available on the chassis front? is there anything I need to be aware of?

Regards

Matt

Yellow Blur!

Matt,

Hope you know what your letting yourself in for *eek* 😬.

Chassis mods I had done (1993 chassis), extra strengthening gussets on diff mount (should I ever end up with a far more powerful engine), 2 extra towing eyes (now have one on each corner), 2 little cylindrical brackets fitted under petrol tank supports for mounting fog & reversing lights and some adjs to bottom wishbone mounts (as advised by Bruce) but I can't think what for now 😳 Adjusting the castor?

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

R248.89 *tongue* ....and then I jumped in *eek*

Couple more questions chaps...

Do I need to get an SVA test done once I have stripped, refurbed and rebuilt car etc?

Do arch organise spraying? or have I got to collect the chassis from arch and deliver to bodyshop? (I have used TSK before who have been great) *smile*

Regards

Matt

Yellow Blur!

Matt,

SVA not required. After all the car is already registered.

Organising spraying is down to you. Most se7eners in the South East will use TSK. Tony does an excellent job and is a terrific bloke as well.

I delivered my chassis to Arch, but as Arch had 3 other refurbed 7s going down to TSK they delivered for me. Thanks Bruce *thumbup*.

Tony at TSK will also deliver finished product to you. AFAIK he doesn't charge for delivery, but I tipped him enough to cover his time and fuel.

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

R248.89 *tongue* ....and then I jumped in *eek*

Don't forget to send Bruce all the odds and sods. Like rear radius arms, front suspension wishbones, toplink, headlight arms and anything else that it' worth getting re-coated at the same time. I also got the drivers floor lowered and they made up a side impact bar for my '96 LA. Also worth thinking about dashboard layout - whether you want the same again or different. Consider location of brackets and supports in engine bay. E.g. I've moved my battery, so they've removed the plate that was on the driver's side footwell area. I had the tunnel widened slightly at the rear so that I could change from a Ital Axle to Ford (which needs a bit more space).

David

1700XF: click here