Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Catstart

Hurtle

It's possibly worth asking Chris, but I have my doubts that he will be interested in doing another batch ☹️

I asked him a while back whether he would consider doing another run, because there’s significant interest amongst the community (there's at least 2 other people who've contacted me through my website to ask about it)

He told me at that time that he'd moved on now and really wanted to devote his time to a new passion of his, so that may need to be respected. Because the circuit uses a microprocessor and code, which is his intellectual copyright, it’s not like a 'conventional' electrical circuit that could simply be copied.

Given there could be a fair amount of interest (Chris mentioned he was in talks with Caterham before the big shake-up), if Chris would rather spend his time doing other things now that he's move on, it could be worth putting a thread in Techtalk to see if another electronic whizz like Colin Mill would be interested in designing a Mk2 which has the benefit that it could include other features and be potentially marketable for the person brave enough to take it on.

Darren E

K80RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54