Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Earthquake

WindyMiller

Although obviously it wasn't me and Peter J 🥰nes cos the richter scale would've registered something over 6

Shouldn't that be Peter Jones and I 🤔 *thumbdown* *nono* *nono*

*idea* *idea* *idea*If you really like a challenge, you could try me *idea* *idea* *idea*

I also have a large stamp collection

No Billy it should be 'me' not 'I' ...

the test is to take the other person out of the sentence and read it. I wouldn't say 'it wasn't I' ... I'd say 'it wasn't me' ... obviously you didn't go to a very good comp' did you??? *rolleyes* *wavey*

[diplomatic] It could be argued that you are both right [/diplomatic]

Strictly speaking, the verb to be takes the nominative case for both subject and object: “It is I, the Hooded Claw,” said MisterToad (for it was he).

However, as this is the only verb to do this, it has become not only acceptable but stylistically preferred to use the accusative object as for other verbs. Though it loses a lot of its evilness ☹️ when you say: “It’s me, the Hooded Claw,” said MisterToad (for it was him)...

Also, it is grammatically equally correct to say either “me and him” or “him and me”; however, the former is considered impolite (though WC is a laydee so she is entitled to put herself first *smile*).

*wink* nothing...