Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

185/70/13 A021's with 190bhp?

Miura

• 1 month later...

sorry I have left my uninteresting thread unattended 😬

Thanks to Robmar and Mark for their views *thumbup*

Perhaps I should have said that the car is currently on 21's on 14inches wheels and I really like that combination for road driving.

I have a set of 13s I want to fit and as I am a road driver only, I felt like going for tall profile 185/70/13 yoko 21s rather than the fashionable 185/205 R888 combo.

my car is narrow track and does not currently have platforms.

I just want to be sure that I will be able to enjoy my new 180 something bhp K-series with these relatively modest boots?

Am I making a mistake?

The options I am considering are:

1/should I go for 185/70/13 without touching the set-up?

2/should I go for 185/70/13 , fit plateforms and have a flatfloor session ?

3/should I go for 185 & 205's R888 , fit plateforms and have a flatfloor session ?

I can't afford widetrack

Views are really welcome on the 1 zillionth tyre thread in the history of Blatchat 😬

I have circa 150bhp (maybe towards the higher end of 150 - I honestly don't know though) and I find that 185 048's are about ok for the rears....i do use mine on track though. For spirited road driving this combo is also fine for me. However, with the bhp yopu are proposing I would definately want 205 section tyres. I would also say yes to the srd setup option....why would you not want to make the improvement if you are considering it as an option?

A question to you....why have 180-190 bhp for a car that is only used on the road? Get out on the track man!!! 😬 *eek* 😬 😳 *smokin* Then you will know why you NEED all sorts of handling advice/setup! Power is nothing without control!

I have 180-190 bhp in my SV. I run 13" 185 048s all round some of the time. The car is find on these generally, though you do have to be cautious with the loud pedal in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear in cold/damp conditions.

But then that is sort of the point of these cars isn't it?? More grip than power in all conditions is dull...

I don't have a problem with it, as long as you know what you are doing (most who have a 7 do) and you are happy with the balance then it is fine. I like being able to power out of the corner with just a little opposite lock being required to get that perfect balance. Too much power and under tyred and it is a constant battle to lay it all down (power to weight here is more important than outright power abilities).

I have 185/60s with 200 brake on 13" wheels. no problem at all. Just don't banzai every corner until you're past the apex. I have just gone to 205's but am not on the road yet so no report to be made. PS LSD helped drive out of corners loads though when i went that way

thanks guys. I assume antic style 70 profile would make the tyre flex more ...

... to the point of being unsuitable is the question ?

as I am not a driving god, I like to have my fun at relatively low speed, I am concerned that 205's R888 will just give me too much grip on the open road?