Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spa

Ken Y

Neil

Could I beg a favour - when you get back from Nurburgring could you report on the noise situation. I'm thinking of going in the summer but I am alarmed by the reports of much stricter testing - see here - as I'm likely to be very boarderline.

Many thanks

Tim

Neil, Cant do it I'm afraid as I am in Switzerland that week, but thanks for the offer.

Cant do the book-a-track days in early August either, as I am on family holiday.

Shame- my favourite circuit. Will keep my eyes peeled for any other commercial days, and if anyone fancies getting a group together let me know!

Muscat, I certainly will report back . To be honest i'm a bit worried about it myself as my exhaust is about 98db at 4500 rpm or thereabouts. It's one of the standard catalyst equipped boggo zorsts that academy use. Ie crappy manifold4 into one behind the skin, single exit pipe thru skin and then the system with cat. I'm hoping I'll be all right *confused* *confused*. I'm wondering if i need to cut end off it and repack and re weld. Cheers Neil.

If it's raining or snowing noise will be the least of my worries 😬

Neil,

I too produce 98dbA at 4,500 (ie 3/4 revs) at 0.5m - Ben Lovejoy's site talks about 95dbA at 2/3rd revs ie 4,000 at approx 1m - so I have no idea if I'd pass or not.... although if you are ok it will be a good indication. I hope for your sake there's no problems.

Tim

I had a word with some of the boys at our Hathern meet last night and they hadn't been tested at the ring. I think I'll try and adopt a low key , try not to act a t**t approach and wing it. I'll report back. To be honest I'm really going for Spa and if we get to the ring it'll be a brucy bonus. Hope I'll be all right though.