Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rotrex superchargers

Red SLR

Considering having a go at supercharging my project car, its a ford RS2000.

The I4 engine is not the best to tune and throttle bodies, cams, head work and Emerald might see 190bhp and cost the best part of £3000. Another option is to fit a Galaxy 2.3 engine which can give similar gains for similar money.

For similar money, maybe a tad more it looks like I can get a Rotrex kit. Power wise 250bhp would be the target.

Has anyone done a similar conversion before? Whats the situation the lowering compression? For low boost applications would this be needed?

How exactly does the supercharger pulley system work? Is it just a case of taking drive off the crank and thats it?

Is intercooling a must?

For low boost and especially stock cams, you can get away with leaving the engine as is. Check out Rotrex ForSale - I have a C30-94 going spare. I still think you want an intercooler, but in that car it should be much less challenging to fit! Yes, you just take the drive off the crank.

Edited by - dannylt on 19 Feb 2008 09:22:51

Oooh, I checked ebay recently, so that ones new. Yes, open to offers, PM me. Mine is totally unused and boxed still, as opposed to 1000 miles and rebuilt. Note the C38 is way too big for a 2 litre engine, Rotrex recommend that one for over 3 litres. Anyway, PM me!

Edited by - dannylt on 19 Feb 2008 09:23:43