Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham Wanted

Ralph

Wanted a Clean Tidy Caterham any colour but green.

I would consider anything between £8,000.00 & £11,000.00 and preference would be a 1700 Supersprint but would consider anything within my budget and not to far away from the Bucks and Berks area as time away from home and work is difficult until the end of April.

I'm considering selling mine.

Pictures here.here and here

1.6 VX twin 40's, 5 speed, live axle, heater, heated screen, Taxed. MOT due now but getting that done next week.

I would like £9500 for her.

The car is at my place near Oswestry.

I bought it last year from a member here.

10,000 miles. Full weather gear.

Edited by - malcyplop on 19 Feb 2008 06:56:57

Ralph

I have no connection with the seller, I'm just a fellow 1700 Supersprint owner, but the one Castrol mentioned looks a very nice piece of kit.

If you want an x-flow this is about as good as it gets - dry sumped all steel engine married to a Ford axle with LSD is pure 🥰 and bloody expensive (an all steel engine is £5k alone). Plus you get all the little bits even down to an aeroscreen.

If the seats are your worry - buy some S-type seats secondhand and sell the tillets (or even try to do a swap - there are plenty of people going the other way). Changing the seats is simple - 4 bolts on each.

If I knew what I know now when I bought mine, I'd look at this car very seriously.

By the way, where are you in Bucks?

Tim

Edited by - MusCat on 19 Feb 2008 14:03:40

Edited by - MusCat on 19 Feb 2008 14:05:09

You should get along to the Penn meeting - it's this Saturday (see thread in Chitchat)

Not having a car is no barrier and having a nosey at everyone else’s is well worth it to make sure you’re making the right decision. You’ll probably end up with numerous opinions which, come to think about it, will not make your decision any easier. But you’re buying a 7, so how wrong can it go!

Tim

Tillets are well sought after so you would have no problems swapping for immaculate S types

I do know Grahams car on PH and can vouch for how well its looked after

There is no Q plate stigma amongst 7eners - I went through the same dilema when I brought my 1st 7