Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Michael Mc, how is the rebuild going

robmar

• Support Team

I saw Michael last night and things are progressing quite well. Front and rear suspension all on and engine and gearbox back in. Wiring still to do and then it's all the fiddly stuff like fitting wings, headlights, aeroscreen and various trim.

I'm sure Michael will be along later with a fuller update.

*wavey* TC (aka Caterham rebuild widow) here

Yep, as Shaun says she is coming along nicely. She's on her rear wheels now, and the fronts will be on this weekend (parts from Caterham permitting). The engine and gearbox are in and the exhaust back on. Seats are fitted and the aero will be fitted at the weekend. The wiring is the next big job then its the fiddly stuff with poppers and rivets. We're still hoping (possibly a bit optimistically) to make Llandow at the end of March *thumbup*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

• Leadership Team

Aha - looks like a thread with my name on it!

She's beginning to look more like a car now *smile*- all the major mechanicals are back on with the exception of the front uprights. This is partly because I am waiting on the spacers from Caterham and partly because the stubs on the bottom of the uprights are (quite a bit) wider than the spherical bearings into which they are supposed to fit. I can only attack them with emery paper but has anyone else encountered this?

Many thanks to those who have helped so far - Mark Durrant, Kipper and Shaun Elwell in particular as well as all those who have provided remote advice...

As Tam, says, the wiring, then fiddly jobs like the rear arches, boot cover etc etc come next. Neil - your offer is greatly appreciated - I sometimes do manage to get away from work early enough to do the odd job in the evening but it really depends on work. If you have any particular date in mind then do drop me a call - mobile 07766 022864.

I have just popped to the garage to take a few photos of her as she is today - here

See you on the track later in the year!

Michael.