Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

FS: Airnimal Chameleon Folding Bike

alisonj

I am selling my Airnimal Chameleon as I am just not using it enough. Its a folder, but I haven't tried it in the boot of the 7 *biggrin*

It does make a very good commuting bike as the wheels are bigger than a Brompton etc and it rides like a proper road bike.

It is in very good condition

Size 1 frame (Effective top tube length 52cm)

Ultegra 9 STI

Ultegra 9 triple chainset and bottom bracket

Ultegra front mech, 105 rear mech

Dura-ace brakes

Dura-ace hubs

Alex rims

Panaracer tourguard typres

Carbon fork and steel touring fork

Tubus rack

Mudguards

2 stems, short and long

I would like £650 ono.

Edited to add the frame size

Edited by - alisonj on 11 Feb 2008 22:55:45

The bike was built up from a frame so isn't a specific model. It's mostly built with dura-ace and ultegra 9 components which would put it closest to a 'Performance' I suppose. I also have a touring fork and a rack though so it's also good for touring.

The frame is the smaller of the 2 sizes and has a 52cm effective top tube length. Airnimal reckon that will fit anyone from 5' upwards and I'd have thought to about 5'9" with the longest stem. I'm 5'7" and am using a short stem. The Airnimal website lists all the dimensions here

I have put a photo up at picasa

I bought the frame new in 2004 (it was actually a brand new warranty replacement). Some of the Airnimal specific components are a little older, the drivetrain, levers and rack were new then.

I originally bought the bike to commute to work, but then we also got a dog so I have to drive home at lunchtimes, so the cycling to work never really happened so its hardly been used.

Edited by - alisonj on 12 Feb 2008 22:31:04