Click here if you are having website access problems ×

H4 HID conversion

Bricol

Two "bulbs", two ballast units and a loom to connect the whole lot to your existing wiring - you will need some metal blades to connect them tho - I've managed to lose 5 of the 6 needed!

This kit fires one arc and moves it around depending on whether you want dip or main - no moving reflectors or halogen bulbs built in. Works well.

£150 inc. UK postage. - or make me an offer . . or make me a lower offer and come and get them . .

Piccies available on request. They will of course fit anything that takes a H4 bulb, not just integrale headlights. Does need a little bit more room behind the lamp than a normal halogen.

Bri

It says "Hella" in the usual Hella script on the ballasts.

Afraid I've no idea if they will fit 5.5" lights as I don't have any of those lights.

However, I stuck a tape over the units.

Taking the mounting face on the bulb (ie the bit that will sit in and contact the lamp housing) as the datum.

55mm protrudes into the headlight (Normal H4 measures 55mm too)

45mm sticks out behind (Normal H4 bulb and connector sticks out 35mm). HID doesn't need the connector, just a little room for the two power wires. I guess in a seven, the power wires will need extending to get them down the lamp and back into the chassis as that would be the best place for the ballast/ignitor units.

Bri