Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

What type of MSA Licence do I need

Pipeliner

After 10years of 7 ownership, its about time I had a go at a few competitive events. The Lotus Seven Club Speed Championship sounds like a good place to start, so I downloaded the MSA application form, but Arrghhhh...so many questions....foremost, what licence category should I apply for ? Is it Race National B or is there a special licence for sprinting ? Do I need to take a training course ?

Confused...You bet I am *smokin*

Gram,

Gram

Welcome you need a Speed Non-race National B as can be found on page 3 of the licence application form.

Look out for the Speed Championship Entry form in February's Lowflying plus an Introduction to Sprinting Day at Curborough on Saturday 22 March which is free and will tell you everything you need to know to enter.

Useful information can also be found in Competitors Korner here and here

Hope to see you in the paddock soon and if this is your first try at Motorsport you will also qualify for the novices championship.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Edited by - Mark Durrant on 2 Feb 2008 18:48:17

Mark,

My car is a early 1990's HPC, Vx XE engine with Injection throttle bodies, not sure about power, probably somewhere between 180bhp and 200bhp.

5 speed gearbox (not sequential)..semi-helical by SPC, with Quaiffe LSD.

Tyres are Bridgestone Re720 (but also have a set of Yokohama A32's should these be required for the class).

Hope this is enough information.

Thanks

Gram