Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Never a good way to start a day ...

Don

want my EDF one

Apparently I owe £1549.00 on an estimated reading!!!!!

Obviously I'll pay up instead of giving them the actual reading which makes my bill £126

If you spend life looking over your shoulder, sooner or later you're going to walk into a lamppost

*eek*

Npower's is more devious - they've made a stupidly low estimate of usage before the price increase and now want a customer reading so that they can charge it all at the higher rate.

And changed my account number 'to improve their service' ... as if!!! 😔

Windycat there must be a date from which the new rates apply. Do your customer reading, work out from the last actual/customer reading what the usage is and pro-rata it. They should only be charging you the higher rate for the energy you used since the time it changed - shouldn't they?

Del - did you type that properly or was there a decimal point in the wrong place. I've had issues with EDF whose estimates are just crazy, but that takes the biscuit.

A Woman's Place is - in her Se7en

shouldn't they?

they'd better - but I can't do anything via the automated services so my query's gone to the virtual bottomless pit they call 'customer services'

What's the betting I get a letter threatening to cut my supply before the query's answered!?

is that better than a pitless bottom thst EDF talk out of

latest suggestion is I pay and when they read the meter they will credit the account against furtue use, at my calcs 4 yrs future use 😳

If you spend life looking over your shoulder, sooner or later you're going to walk into a lamppost