Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Compactflash solid state video recorder

rgrigsby

There's been quite a lot of other threads about these kind of devices, I've got a contact at these guys who can supply me the DR2 for £300+vat if people are interested. I have a detailed spec sheet/PDF I can send offline if anyone is interested.

This isn't the cheapest one out there but it's one of the best quality ones, I've got some links to download video samples somewhere which I'll dig out.

Anyone interested?

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Edited by - rgrigsby on 29 Jan 2008 15:58:42

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rob.

Clive is looking at a system for this year so yes he is interested. I have also been following the other thread on this.

What do you reckon this is like to the CHaseCam option which I see as the best alternative. We should be able to import the CHasecam for less than the UK dealers can do it.

Does the Drive Data one have a Lanc option - quite important.

Good price by the way.

Simon

Link fixed, here's a few sample downloads of the video quality as well

Samples

And a comparison with the Chasecam here, the FB-2 is the ruggidised version of the DR-2 but it's a lot more money. The DR-2 is fine for use in a Caterham.

Anyone the wants the PDF could you blatmail me and I'll reply with the PDF as I can't attached it any other way.

Oh and yes the DR-2 has a Lan-c port.

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Edited by - rgrigsby on 29 Jan 2008 19:53:11

I haven't got prices on the Lanc controller but I'll ask, they do two different cameras a 520line bullet cam is £100+vat and a 580line one is 120+vat. Again not cheap but better quality than the usual 420/480 line cameras from RFConcepts.

They have a range of mounts (roll bar etc) all of which I should be able to get a tradeish prices.

Best thing would be to have a look around the site (they have an online shop) and post some part numbers here so I can go back and ask my contact there.

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com