Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tempted...

La vache espagnole

[serious] Do you think this would be a good car for me to consider buying?

It just squeezes into my budget and should require a minimum of fettling (a Good Thing considering I am mechanically dyslexic).*

People are trying to dissuade me (or at least make me have second thoughts), it's for my own good, they think *mad*. I know if there is anywhere that I can be sure of a sensible, rational answer, this is the place. [/serious]

* It is also green and clammy, which seems rather appropriate... *cool*

*wink* nothing...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Area Representative

[serious mode]Yes, why not? You do not need vast power reserves to have tremendous fun on the roads of the UK. You will be able to keep up most of the time. OK there will be times, when there is a hill and an open road when you will get left, but that would also be true for me in GJT (SuperSprint may have been true in 1996 or before...)

Ready to use is a very good qualification in any car.

[/serious mode]

If you like it buy it, I've never thought that these cars should be bought with a 'serious' mind. The two times I've bought a 7 I wasn't even really looking it was just something that I fancied and thought would kinda fit in with my life, both times I made one phone call saw the car and knew within 30 seconds of seeing it I was going to buy it *confused* without even driving the thing. Both times I have ended up with the perfect 7 for me at that time 😬. Don't worry about the market/depreciation you won't loose bucket loads on a second hand 7 just make sure the condition is right and it has had some TLC.

Now when you get it don't drive like a loony and end up in court and locked away from your friends and have the weasels take over Toad Hall *smile*

Dickie

PS just to add I think I still have one more 7 to buy, when funds/driving skill allows *wink*

Dickie

Every dirty job dirty dick does!!!

Thanks for the encouragement *thumbup*

Not exactly told you everything - I was in the area yesterday so I had a brief look at the car (well, it was after dark so it would be truer to say I had a feelof it *redface* - and very lovely it felt too 🥰).

Like Richard I wasn't looking for one at all, when I came across one the other week and couldn't resist arranging to see it. But it went before I got there ☹️, 5 days after going on sale.

Now was that car underpriced at £11k? (1996 1.4K SS, 26500 miles, 6sp, LSD, 13" 8-spoke alloys, c/f front wings, quick rack, QR wheel, S-type trim, with outdoor cover and a half-hood)...

...Or is this one overpriced at £10k? (1995 1.4K (non-SS), 42000 miles, 5sp, 14" minilites, flares ( *thumbup*), new battery and starter motor but fewer goodies). Seller seems 100% genuine which is a big plus. Have told him I'd call back about returning at the weekend for a proper look.

Looking for an everyday-usable touring/blatting car with 100-140bhp that isn't going to demand more than the usual maintenance. Not got lots of dosh 😳 however, I could liberate £10k from what I have been saving for a sunny day.

*wink* nothing...

Mister Toad, your first return post was in a 2005 thread.. the person you posted after in that thread was a Rich Watson and it just so happens that his car is for sale and exactly what your looking for how about a 2004 for 11k here

Spooooooooooky *eek* *smokin*

Edited by - StEVEN on 28 Jan 2008 22:09:21

Spooooooooooky

[shudder]Cripes *eek* *eek*![/shudder] That's a jolly nice 🥰 car StEVEN and great value, but I'd prefer one with a few nods towards touring/comfort (like a windscreen)...

Likewise the blue crossflow is rather tasty. Just a bit too focused (I think I prefer them a little bit fuzzy round the edges 😳)

*wink* nothing...

Edited by - MisterToad on 28 Jan 2008 22:37:53

Oh it's a little one, with a small cheesy engine and sticky rubbery tyres and the shiny bits are nice and shiny and the engine goes vrooooooom and when the bloody traffic stopped holding me up it was a hoooooooooooot and it was like nothing I ever drove before and I love the way it squirmed when I powered out of a roundabout and... [breathless]

😬 It's green (like a toad) *thumbup*

😬 The wings are kind of clammy (like a toad) *thumbup*

😬 It catches flies (like a toad) *thumbup*

Which is: *smokin*

I am no good at describing tecknickle things, but it was the one I mentioned *arrowup* at the beginning of the thread. And we agreed on £9250 which I think is a fair price *cool*

*wink* nothing...