Click here if you are having website access problems ×

price reduced!!! Roadsport roll cage for standard chassis (not SV)

Kevsta

OK so it's the fitment time for all of those winter must do's. I have a Roadsport rollcage forsale that I am only selling because I have bought a tall cage as I am 6'5" and my head just touched this one with crash hat on. I bought it last year and fitted to the car in the spring (it was from another car before that and is around 5-6 years old at a guess).

It is in good condition and I'll happily talk anyone through the fitting process if you need it.

I paid £200 for it so would ideally like the same in return. Now reduced to £180

Blatmail me etc for any more info...it is currently still fitted to the car but I will be removing soon (sooner if someone buys it)

Edited by - kevsta on 9 Feb 2008 08:30:30

Slysee,

I sat in a friends car which has an SLR cage and tilletts and I'm 6'2". My hair (or what's left of it) brushed the bar that runs fore and aft over the drivers door step, when tilting my head. With a lid on it would definately touch the bar.

I'm currently on the lookout for a tall cage (Kevsta beat me to one recently advertised 😬) though I have first refusal on another one if it is put up for sale. My other option is a lowered floor and std height cage.

I believe the std doors and hood will fit with the std height cage but not the tall cage.

This is a really good price for a std height cage.

Regards

Ian

Thank you for comments Ian.

Slysee, I am 6 foot 5 inches which is my biggest problem. I did two track days with it and I was touching the bar with my lid and it was uncomfortable. Not a problem when I drive it on the normal road without a crash helmet. However, the biggest issue relates to the height of your back not your overall height if you see what I mean. I have quite long legs as well as a long back but if you have really long back and short legs it will be an issue for you. You are more than welcome to come and sit in the car. It is currently fitted with an S-type seat but no runners. I was going to fit a lowered floor this year to drop me down but once I saw a tall FIA bar I had to have that too. With the current cage (the one I'm selling) the roof fits on no problems at all (it only occupies the space of the FIA roll bar in height. I will be fitting a lowered floor so that I have ample room and also to drop me lower for a more comfortable driving position with regards to the angle of my legs.

I hope this answers all of your questions and just let me know if you wish to come and sit in the car.

Regards

Kevin

Not a problem.

Just to point something out to you though, I was always under the impression that I was safe under my FIA bar but the cage is the same height with regards to protection as it scribes a line to the front of the car. It was only once I fitted the cage that I realised how unsafe I would have been had it rolled so I would highly recommend you look into lowering your floor before you think any more about a cage as you should clear the cage if it is the same height as your FIA (unless you have a tall FIA bar).

This is the reason why I bought the tall cage and am lowering the floor as I have two inches on you 😬 *wavey*

Regards

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...