Click here if you are having website access problems ×

FREE K-series engine (crated)

domster

I have a 1.4 16v Mpi K-series engine, 68k miles in excellent order and fully crated. It was removed from a K or L reg Rover 214 when the owner upgraded to a 1.8 lump. Therefore, the head gasket is presumed to be good, and there has been no valve or head damage because of snapped belts etc. Power output should be 101bhp.

It is the basic engine, no manifolds etc. although it comes with a set of injectors. I'm not sure what Dave Andrews reckons to tuning these (the head and valves may need a fair bit of work), but it may be that the block and bottom end is the same as on the supersport spec K-series engines.

It would also suit someone who is interested in these engines, and wants to take it apart for a good look etc.

Crated, the engine is based in Bradford, Yorks, and is simply going because my parents need some garage space. I had it as a 'spare' engine for my second car, a Rover 414. The 'buyer' collects.

Although the engine is being given away, I would suggest a small donation to Nuke the Leuk, and in the event of more than one person wanting the engine, the highest donation takes it.

Contact me at dcolbeck@draftuk.com or on 01494 464781.

All the best

Domster

Edited by - domster on 15 May 2002 10:03:09

Hi Mark

Garage clear-out only, I'm afraid, although Dave Andrews has a few ideas as far as K-series engines go!

I think I am going with the red RS I told you about, it's all checked out quite well, and should be ready for a final check in about three weeks. I will then try and nab you for a look over it, as the owner will then keep it for a week to get it MoT'd and sort out any little bits that need doing. In the event of it being a munter, he'll give me my deposit back.

Can't wait...

How's the Superlight R search going?

Rgds

Domster

This would also make a lovely and interesting COFFEE TABLE...

Think about it: remove the head (beyond me, I'm afraid!), clean it up, make a small metal stand for the engine mounts to bolt onto, then put a sheet of safety glass on the cylinder head.

Errr, just like the F1 engine coffee tables, but with the famous K-series in the starring role. You could even say it comes from an R500 and impress the neighbours. Unless your neighbours are Dave Andrews and Peter Carmichael.

Glass is about 50-100 quid from a glazier, and can be mounted on small clear rubber grommets.

And if you don't want it yourself, why not auction it for charity for NTL... I will provide the engine for free - come on, who fancies a quick and easy project for a good cause?

Domster

• 3 months later...