Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Question for the racers or scrutineers

Jason Plato

I'm prepping the car for circuit racing and I have had a scrutineer check the car over - there are a few minor jobs to do but it really is race ready already 😬

One of the points was that my battery +ve post has a thick red > starter and a second wire feeding to my ecu.

the scrutineer has said that I should only have 1 wire to the battery so that the Marshall can simply cut once in the event of an incident - fair enough and for my own good *biggrin*

I was wondering if I could use yellow tape and wrap the 2 cables together - hence still allowing 1 cut ?

or should I simply stop fannying around and buy a junction box *rolleyes* *biggrin*

here is C7 TOP

Taffia rear gunner

slightly surprises me, I thought battery isolation was the whole point of battery master switch. If for some reason that switch is not accessible then someone may have to fanny around under the bonnet looking for a cable to cut so I guess taping the two together would make that job easier. However even left as is, its unlikely that a scrutineer would fail you for that a club race meeting - might just suggest a mod.

Rules are - only one connection to the battery positive (except for an extinguisher system)

75. When operated, the circuit breaker must isolate all

electrical circuits with the exception of those that

operate fire extinguishers.

And yellow tape round the battery negative, to aid visibility for cutting.

Charles

---

My SuperGraduates 2006 diary

My SuperGraduates 2005 diary, My Caterham Academy 2004 build and race diary