Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Heated screen removal...

Delberts Wallet

If you need to remove the screen. suggest you remove with the stanchion. It becomes only two bolts each side to loosen... if you car has an inner shell covering the nuts, drill out at 1" and blank off with plastic grommits (?) when finished.

JH

Replaced mine on friday night, dead simple

two wires from screen have spade connectors on end, need to cut off cos they wont go trhrough the holes, theres loads of spare wire.

-probably wise to use new nylocs when you retighten the stanchion bolts.

the screen does come out without taking off the stanchions (just undo the 3 screws on each side) but the rubber seal is tightened under the stanchions so you will need to loosen them.

The other problem is that the car suddenly looks better without the screen - I need an aeroscreen, come on Caterham finish it off and then we can buy one without having to replace the scuttle. (just think of the hours of fun I'll be able to have when I readjust the washer jet to spray the passenger teeth.gif

Removing the rubber protection grommets from the scuttle (yes, it can be done with the wire through the middle) clears the connector on my screen.Helps if someone holds the screen up a bit while you fiddle with the grommets thoughconfused.gif

OK, got the screen off smile.gif. Removed the panels that cover the bolts, they were fitted with screws so it was easy.

The car Looks really good without the screen but the scuttle is quite untidy where the stantions have been and the rubber strip sits so I'll have to have a new scuttle if I go screen-less unless the new one from Caterham will help cover this up question.gif

Next step is to fit the Aces lights teeth.gif

Gareth

Who Dares Twins bum.gif bum.gif

Edited by - Gareth Harrold on 19 May 2002 15:00:17