Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Demountable Spare Wheel or Luggage Carrier

oldbutnotslow

Demountable Spare Wheel Carrier for standard width Seven

This is superbly engineered in chrome tubing pre wired for the number plate light.

The carrier fixes by the black clamps to the Roll Bar at the top and via captive nuts to the lower chassis tube.

Please not that you will need to to drill 2 holes in the back panel to allow the fixings to pass through. The carrier can then be mounted without compromising the boot cover or the hood (both can be fitted with the carrier in place.

The fitting are a beautiful piece of engineering with stainless bolts.

The centre large screw fixing is again superbly engineered.

Could be used as a luggage carrier

photographs here and here

I do not have a clue as to value only to say that it really is a nice piece of kit.

The first to make me a sensible offer will secure.

Grant Taylor - OBNS Motorsport 😬 183 BHP of Black and 'Stone Chip'. *wavey* YBNS VX Classic. 😬

• Leadership Team

Hi - Chris - thanks for bringing this to my attention.

What size holes approx are needed in the bottom chassis rails? I would certainly be interested in this subject to not needing too much cutting...

Regards - Michael.

Grant, if Michael doesn't want it, I might be interested so 2nd dibs for now please *wink*

Is the "for standard width seven" because of the distance between the roll bar tubes?

Ian - MI 5EVN - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬 now repainted to match the Autocom headsets 😳

Hmm *confused* Do the roll bar clamps sit to the outsides of the luggage rack tubes?

If so couldn't you simply extend the mounting bolt between the clamps and the luggage rack tubes to allow them to reach the wider seperated SV rollbar tubes?

This is of course merely academic if Michael takes it, but just curious to know.

Ian - MI 5EVN - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬 now repainted to match the Autocom headsets 😳