Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Snow Chains - Unused in box

Nifty

Obviously unlikely to be of interest for the 7.

Manufactured by Siepa - a pair of unused chains in a hard plastic carry box.

They fit numerous sizes of tyre between 13 and 15" and TRX sizes (whatever they are).

I cleared these out of Cathy's shed a couple of years ago.

I've put them up here once before but got little interest.

They are no use to me and I'm fed up with tripping over them or moving them round the garage.

So .. I'm offering them for a contribution to NTL to anyone who can make use of them.

There will of course be a postage/delivery charge if you don't live near or we aren't able to organise GONADS trip.

Rather than spend time typing all the tyre sizes if your interested drop me a blatmail or post on here with your tyre size and I'll let you know if it's listed.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Nifty, I may interested provided they fit my 15" tyres. I will get back to you with tyre sizes at the weekend. If they fit I could pick them up within the next month.

I'm planning to do some climbing in Scotland and the Lakes next month which means driving up some fairly remote tracks in the middle of no where, where it may be snowy. I was thinking snow chains might be a good precaution, especially after having to take a divertion in Wales last year due to snow...

Joe

Any chance I could persuade you to take a set of wheels with you for a chap in Cumbria 🤔 😬

If we could do such a deal I'll put the money in the NTL tin *thumbup*

Edited by - Nifty on 17 Jan 2008 16:08:45

Unfortunately, probably not as I will be taking numerous passengers, tents, sleeping bags etc. Last time we all went away there was 5 adults in the Megane with all (and I really do mean all) available space taken up. Including a very large roof box! Last time I wouldn't even have been able to take a single wheel.

However, if something changed, for example if 6 people come along and we took 2 cars then I might be able to.

It would seem unlikely but I’ll bear it in mind and let you know if I could. I could however store them in my garage in Sheffield which gets them over half way to Cumbria?

Edited by - joseph on 17 Jan 2008 16:44:48

No problem Joe, I suspected that would be the case.

Let me know your tyre size and I will confirm suitability or not.

(P.S. I'm away from Sunday to Wednesday so you won't get a reply through that period).

Edited by - Nifty on 18 Jan 2008 08:53:53

Sorry Joe I missed this.

They don't mention 185/60 R15

They do mention 185/65 R15.

You're welcome to take them and see if they fit .. or better still we could try them on a bit of soft ground here so we don't put your tyres at risk.

That sounds a good idea. I'll be visiting family in Norfolk in the next month, probably the weekend of the 16th, I'll contact you nearer the time. I'll be in Norfolk this coming Friday and Saturday but my schedule is a little hectic so not sure I would have time to pop over then.

I'll get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Joe