Click here if you are having website access problems ×

14" to 13"

76hook

I am changing my 14" minilites with 185-60-14 pilots to 13" superlites.What would be the best size / combination,i.e 185-60-13 front and 205-60-13 rear?? Going onto a 1999 1.6 Roadsport. Any advice?? Cheers,Ian. p.s ,Minilights will be up for sale,all tyres are new,wheels ok but would benifit from a makeover.

I think minilites are 6".The new ones I should be getting are also 6".The spare wheel and tyre on my car has never been used and all the pilots (5 off) are like new. Don't know what price to put on them though.Any ideas/offers.Thanks,Ian

Ian

I think you'll struggle to find anybody who'll put any value on the Pilot's. They're hard as rock & last for years & years & years & years & years & years, & most importantly have no grip!

Have a look in For Sale & see how much people want for 14" wheels. Maybe £30 a wheel?

Mick

• Support Team

Not sure you need 205s on the rear unless you are planning major power upgrades. You'll probably find it'll understeer quite badly unless you make other setup changes.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Would'nt 185-60-13 upset the gearing??? Also ,would ride height be a problem??? I have standard Blisteins so unable to raise the ride height.
So if you can't raise the ride height to compensate buy 185-70-13 tyres as they will give the same ride height/speedo read-out as 185-60-14.

It's simple really *confused*